This lab is devoted to the structural characterization of materials at the nanometer scale, performed with a versatile Transmission Electron Microscope, a FEI Tecnai G2 F20 S-TWIN, 200KV. With this tool it is possible for example to investigate the crystalline structure of the materials by HR-TEM and electron diffraction, to map the composition by EDS and EELS, to reconstruct a 3D image of the sample by tomography.
TEM, HR-TEM, STEM, Diffraction, EFTEM, EDS and EELS Spectrum Imaging, Tomography.
Point resolution (nm) 0.24
Information limit (nm) ≤ 0.15
HR STEM resolution (nm) 0.2
Cs objective (mm) 1.2
Cc objective (mm) 1.2
Focal length (mm) 1.7
Maximum eucentric tilt ± 40°
- Schottky Field emitter with high maximum beam current (> 100 nA)
- High probe current (> 0.6 nA in a 1 nm spot)
- Small energy spread (0.7 eV@200kV or less)
- Spot drift < 1 nm/minute - High short and long term stability
- Bright Field and Annular Dark Field mode
- High sensitivity HAADF STEM detector
- Magnification range 200 x - 100 Mx